The German School Brooklyn is proud to offer an exciting and diverse in person After School Program open to GSB students in grades K – 9.
In addition to after school our music teachers also offer private music lessons at GSB. For students in Middle and Upper School we also offer a variety of optional classes and electives.
Location & Class Size
Most of our classes take place indoors at GSB. There is a minimum of 6 students per after school class; maximum class size varies (as indicated). If there are fewer than 6 students registered for a class, GSB reserves the right to cancel the program.
Session Times & Hours
GSB after school programs run for one full school year; students stay in the same class for both semesters. GSB follows the NYC Public School calendar with slight changes. Please check the GSB calendar 2021/22 for details.
First day of After School: Thursday, September 9, 2021
Last day of After School: Monday, June 27, 2022
Regular school day ends: 3:00 for K and 3:30 pm for grades 1-9
Snack: 3:30 – 3:45 pm
After school sessions: 3:45 – 5:15 pm
Pickup: 5:15 – 5:30 pm
Registration, Tuition and Payment
- Registration for after school and Physik & Chemie is available online at active.com.
- For grades 6-9: Register for PAW / French by July 23,2021. No payment required.
- For all registration active charges a fee of $ 5.
- The fee for tuition based classes is $1,200 for GSB students per session/year. Tuition can be paid in full at registration or in two installments. The first installment is due at registration and the second installment is due on October 15th.
- The cancellation fee is 50% of the total cost if you inform us before October 15th. If you cancel after October 15th, you are responsible for paying the full tuition.
- Registration and payment for private music lessons is with the teacher directly.
Sonja Einoedter, Senior Director of Operations & Coordinator of After School Programs