Where to begin
Nice to e-meet you! One of our favorite parts of the admissions process is taking you on a school tour, stepping into classrooms and talking face to face. To ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty and your family, outside visitors are currently not yet allowed in our school building, so all school information sessions are taking place remotely. We hope to meet you in person soon again – keep an eye out for updates! We offer info sessions (for GSB Lower, Middle and Upper School) that cover an in-depth view of our schools philosophy, approach, curriculum and community. We always save time for a Q&A, to make sure that all of your questions can be answered.
These are some first steps that we recommend:
- Inquire about our school via Ravenna online applications here!
- Attend a virtual information session. Even though this is an optional step, it is strongly recommended, as these virtual events will provide you with essential information regarding our curriculum and school community. You can register directly via Ravenna or sign up here.
- Submit your online application! If German School Brooklyn is the right fit for your family, we encourage you to submit your online application via Ravenna as soon as possible. Completing this preliminary step will grant you access to scheduling a final interview as part of our admissions process.
Tour the school/Virtual Information Session
Please chose a date that fits your schedule from the list to your right. Send us an email if you would like to schedule a private info session with our Director of Admissions or give us a call at +1 347-476-7012.
For the 2022-23 admissions season, our team will be accepting applications in two cycles. This year, our Early Admissions Cycle is only for siblings of current students and students from one of our partner schools. Here are the dates for the Early Admissions Priority Cycle, for all grades:
Application Submission Deadline: Wednesday, December 1st, 2021
Acceptance Notification Date: Wednesday, December 15th, 2021
Commitment Deadline: Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Our main application cycle will be our Regular Admissions Cycle. We are accepting applications across all grades throughout the year. Here are the dates for the Regular Admissions Cycle, for all grades:
Acceptance Notification Date: Tuesday, February 1st, 2022
Commitment Deadline: Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Once you are ready to submit the online application and pay the $200 application processing fee, the rest of the process will take place via Zoom. Below are further, necessary requirements to complete your student’s application.
- Teacher Evaluation/ Recommendation: We require a teacher evaluation for every grade. We have developed a teacher evaluation form for each respective grade.This form will be sent to your child’s previous teacher through Ravenna. The teacher will receive an email with a link to a secure Teacher Evaluation form. Once the teacher fills out the form they will submit it directly to GSB.
- Transcripts: For grades K and 1 we require the transcripts from the last year (if available). For grades 2-9 we kindly ask you to submit the transcripts from the past 2 school years.
- Writing Sample in English and German: This student essay is solely required for students applying for Upper School. Detailed information will be provided in Ravenna.
- Virtual Interviews: Once all application steps are completed, you can sign up for an interview via Ravenna. The 20 min interview comprises a conversation between your child and a representative of our educational team as well as a conversation between you and our principal and/or our assistant principal.
Once all application steps are completed, you can sign up for an interview. The 20 min interview comprises a conversation between your child and a representative of our educational team as well as a conversation between you and our principal and/or our assistant principal.
Acceptance letters from school are sent out on December 15th 2021 for the early admissions/priority admissions cycle and on February 1st 2022 for the main admissions cycle. Families sign the school contract and pay the first installment to reserve a spot (first come, first served). The 1st tuition installment is due with the signing of the contract.
We are currently accepting applications for
- the 2021/22 school year for Kindergarten through 8th Grade
- the 2022/23 school year for Kindergarten through 9th Grade
The school creates a strong sense of community, one in which the kids are excited to belong, curious to learn, and eager to participate. Our son runs to school as if it were a playground.
GSB is what the city and its German community needed – an inclusive school with instruction in German and English, and modern pedagogy.
Tuition and Fees 21/22 School Year
Lower School: $24,500/year
Middle School: $26,500/year
Upper School: $28,500/year