Where to begin
Nice to e-meet you! One of our favorite parts of the admissions process is taking you on a school tour—stepping into classrooms and talking face to face. To ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, and your family, visitors are not allowed in our school building, so our information sessions are taking place remotely. We hope to meet you in person soon—keep an eye out for updates. We offer information sessions (for GSB Lower, Middle, and Upper School) that provide an in-depth view of our school’s philosophy, approach, curriculum, and community. We always save time for a Q&A, to make sure that all of your questions can be answered.
Some first steps we recommend:
- Inquire about our school via Ravenna online applications here!
- Attend a virtual information session. Even though this step is optional, we strongly recommend your taking advantage of the opportunity. These virtual events provide essential information about our curriculum and school community. You can register directly via Ravenna or sign up here.
- Submit your online application. If German School Brooklyn is the right fit for your family, we encourage you to submit your online application via Ravenna as soon as possible. Completing this preliminary step grants you an interview, part of our admissions process.
Tour the School/Virtual Information Session
Please choose a date that fits your schedule from the list to your right. Send us an email if you would like to schedule a private information session with our Director of Admissions or give us a call at +1 347-476-7012.
For the 2023–2024 academic year, our team will accept applications in three cycles. This year, our Early Admissions Cycle is only for siblings of current students and students from one of our partner schools.
1) Early Admissions Priority Cycle (For all Grades):
Application Submission Deadline: Wednesday, December 1, 2022
Acceptance Notification Date: Wednesday, December 15, 2022
Commitment Deadline: Tuesday, March 1, 2023
2) Regular Admissions Cycle (For all Grades):
Acceptance Notification Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2023
Commitment Deadline: Tuesday, March 1, 2023
3) Open Enrollment: We accept late applications across all Grades throughout the year! (Lower, Middle and Upper School)
Once you are ready to submit the online application and pay the $200 application fee, the rest of the process will take place via Zoom. Below are further application requirements.
- Teacher Evaluation: We require a teacher evaluation for every grade. We have developed a teacher evaluation form for each grade. This form will be sent to your child’s previous teacher through Ravenna. The teacher will receive an email with a secure link to a Teacher Evaluation form, which, once retrieved and filled out, the teacher submits directly to GSB.
- Transcripts: For Grades K and 1 we require transcripts from the last year (if available). We ask applicants to Grades 2 through 10 to submit transcripts for the past 2 school years.
- Writing Sample in English and German: This student essay is required solely for students applying for Upper School. Detailed information is provided in Ravenna.
Once all application steps are completed, you can sign up for an interview via Ravenna. The 20-minute session consists of a conversation between your child and a representative of our educational team as well as a conversation between you and our principal or our assistant principal.
Acceptance letters from GSB are sent out on December 15, 2022, for the Early Admissions Cycle and on February 1, 2023, for the Regular Admissions Cycle. Families sign the school contract and pay the first tuition installment to reserve a spot (first come, first served). The first installment is due with the signed contract.
We are accepting applications for:
- the 2022–2023 school year for Kindergarten through Grade 9
- the 2023–2024 school year for Kindergarten through Grade 10
The school creates a strong sense of community, one in which the kids are excited to belong, curious to learn, and eager to participate. Our son runs to school as if it were a playground.
GSB is what the city and its German community needed – an inclusive school with instruction in German and English, and modern pedagogy.
Tuition and Fees 22/23 School Year
Lower School: $24,500/year
Middle School: $26,500/year
Upper School: $28,500/year