One of our favorite parts of the admissions process is taking you on a school tour—stepping into classrooms and catching a glimpse of our dynamic dual language program. We offer open houses that provide an in-depth view of our school’s philosophy, approach, curriculum, and community. We always save time for Q&A, to make sure that all of your questions are answered.
To apply, please follow these steps:
- Find German School Brooklyn on Ravenna, our online application portal here.
- Attend an open house. You can register directly via Ravenna or sign up here. If you don’t see open houses currently listed, they will be added soon.
- Submit your online application. If German School Brooklyn is the right fit for your family, we encourage you to submit your online application on Ravenna as soon as possible. Completing this preliminary step grants your child an interview, an important part of our admissions process.
Open House/School Tour
Please choose a date that fits your schedule. Email us if you would like to schedule an information session with our Director of Admissions or call us at +1-516-266-9301.
For the 2024–2025 academic year, our team will accept applications in three cycles. Our Early Admissions Priority Cycle is only for siblings of current students and students from one of our partner schools.
1) Early Admissions Priority Cycle
Application Submission Deadline: December 1, 2023
Acceptance Notification Date: December 15, 2023
Commitment Deadline: March 1, 2024
2) Regular Admissions Cycle
Application Submission Deadline: January 15, 2024
Acceptance Notification Date: February 1, 2024
Commitment Deadline: March 1, 2024
3) Open Enrollment
We accept late applications across all grades throughout the year.
Once you are ready to submit the online application along with the $200 application fee, we can move forward with getting to know your child. Below are further application requirements.
- Teacher Evaluation: We require a teacher evaluation for every grade. This form will be sent to your child’s previous teacher through Ravenna. The teacher will receive an email with a secure link to a Teacher Evaluation form, which, once retrieved and filled out, the teacher submits directly to GSB.
- Transcripts: For Grades K and 1 we require transcripts from the last year (if available). We ask applicants to Grades 2 and up to submit transcripts from the past 2 school years.
- Writing sample in English and German: This student essay is required for students applying for Upper School. Detailed information is provided in Ravenna.
Once all application steps are completed, please sign up for an interview via Ravenna. The session consists of a conversation and activities between your child and a member of our educational team as well as a conversation between you and a member of school leadership.
Bewerbungen können jetzt eingereicht werden für:
- the 2023–2024 school year for Kindergarten through Grade 8
- the 2024-2025 school year for Kindergarten through Grade 9
Tage der offenen Tür
October 3rd, Tuesday, 9am
October 10th, Tuesday, 9am (Middle School Focus)
October 12th, Thursday, 4pm
October 17th, Tuesday, 9am
October 24th, Tuesday, 9am
You can register through Ravenna. For virtual tours you can also register through the link below. If you have general inquiries, please contact our Director of Admissions directly at +1-516-266-9301 or via email at email@example.com.
Aussagen von Eltern
Die Schule schafft ein starkes Gemeinschaftsgefühl. Es ist eine Gemeinschaft, der die Kinder gerne angehören, in der sie mit Neugier lernen und an der sie gerne aktiv teilnehmen. Unsere Söhne gehen so gern in die Schule, als ob es ein Spielplatz wäre.
GBS ist genau das, was die Stadt und ihre deutsche Community brauchen – eine inklusive Schule mit Unterricht auf Deutsch und auf Englisch unter Verwendung modernster pädagogischer Prinzipien.
Schulgeld und Gebühren 2023/24 für neue Familien
Unterstufe: 27.000 USD/Jahr
Mittelstufe: 29.200 USD/Jahr
Oberstufe: 31.400 USD/Jahr
Tuition and Fees 24/25 for New Families
Lower School: $29,700/year
Middle School: $31,900
Upper School: $34,100